Episode 10 - Voices of 5Point Film Festival - the Power of Story
IN 2007 JULIE KENNEDY APPROACHED OUTDOOR ICON YVON CHOUINARD AND PITCHED AN IDEA FOR AN ADVENTURE FILM FESTIVAL BUILT AROUND THE POWER OF STORY. A DECADE LATER, THE 5 POINT FILM FESTIVAL DOESN’T JUST SHARE ADVENTURE STORIES BUT EMPOWERS PARTICIPANTS THROUGH FILM, WORKSHOPS, PANELS, AND SEMINARS TO LIVE A LIFE ALIGNED WITH ITS FOUNDATIONAL FIVE POINTS: COMMITMENT, RESPECT, HUMILITY, PURPOSE, BALANCE.
Listen On Souncloud
...OR on the following platforms
The good people at 5 point have a vision to develop a network of educated and engaged communities inspired by story to take action in their lives . . .to give back . . so to honor that we bring you interviews with those who are inspired by the festival and taking action in their lives.
We’ll hear from:
1. Educator and watershed activist, Sarah Johnson
2. Wilderness society marketing director Lulu Gephart
3. Natives Outdoors founder, Len Necefer
4. Bub and Hal from the Winter Wildlands Alliance
5. Professional photographer Carl Zoch
6. 5point dream award winner, Chloe Gonzales.
photo credit: Carl Zoch
Theme Music: Broke for Free, “Night Owl”
Free Music Archive
Background Music: Evan Phillips
Courtesy Evan Phillips. http://evanphillips.bandcamp.com